Randstad K.K. Handling of Personal Information
1. The purpose of personal information use
Randstad K.K. (hereinafter referred to as Randstad) obtains, uses and maintains personal information for the following purposes related to temporary staffing service (including registration), placement service and employment.
- Recruiting (selection, hiring)
- Application, reservation, etc. for various services provided by Randstad
- Providing information on job opportunities, campaigns, events and seminars, and distributing mail magazines
- Providing information to potential employers and/or users with open positions
- Terminating or cancelling services
- Surveys to help Randstad improve our services and collecting and analyzing feedback
- Responding to inquiries or complaints and keeping a record of correspondences
- For labor and safety management, benefits, education and training, etc.
- Compliance with domestic and international sanction laws and other applicable laws
- Correspondences necessary for contact and transmission of materials related to above items
2. Personal information submission
Submission of personal information is discretionary. However, if required personal information is not provided, the owner of such personal information may not be able to receive the services provided by Randstad. Personal information submitted to Randstad will not be returned, irrespective of the form of media.
3. Special care required personal information submission
Randstad may request the submission of documents containing special care required personal information (e.g. a copy of disability certificate) when necessary for the purposes set forth in section 1 above.
4. Personal information protection measures
Randstad takes appropriate measures to prevent unauthorized access, loss, alteration or leakage, etc. of personal information received by Randstad.
5. Personal information provision
Randstad will not disclose any personal information received without a prior consent of the owner of the information.
6. Consignment of personal information
In order to provide smooth service, Randstad may outsource processing of received personal information to external parties. However, in such occasions, Randstad will execute a personal information protection agreement with the processors that have met the personal information protection management standard defined by Randstad and ensure that proper management and supervision are in place.
7. Joint use of personal information
Randstad may jointly utilize received personal information within the scope provided as follows.
- Type of personal information to be used jointly: name, date of birth, physical address, email address, telephone number, academic background, professional career and transaction history with Randstad
- Joint users: Randstad Global IT Solutions b.v., a Randstad group company
- Purpose of use by joint users: maintenance and management of information systems used by employees of Randstad group companies
- Method of collection of personal information for joint use: in writing, via electronic data such as emails, telephone or interview
- Party responsible for controlling the personal information for joint use: Randstad K.K.
8. Procedure to respond to requests for disclosure of personal information
1. Randstad will respond to requests for notification, disclosure, correction, addition, deletion, suspension of use, erasure, and suspension of disclosure to third parties (“Requests for Disclosure, etc.”) appropriately within a reasonable period and scope, pursuant to the procedures described below.
2. Procedure for Request for Disclosure, etc.
For disclosure requests, please contact the relevant branch or the contact person of the business division or relevant registration desk.
3. Randstad may decline to respond to requests for disclosure in the following cases.
- Instances where such disclosure may harm the life, body or property of the owner of personal information or any third person
- Instances where such disclosure may cause material disruption in proper implementation of Randstad’s business operation
- Instances where such disclosure may constitute a violation of laws and regulations 4 “Purpose of use” for personal information obtained through “Requests for Disclosure, etc.”
Personal information obtained through “Requests for Disclosure, etc.” will be handled within the scope necessary for responding to “Requests for Disclosure, etc.” The document submitted for “Requests for Disclosure, etc.” will be stored for 3 years after the completion of response and discarded thereafter.
9. Obtaining personal information via a method where the information owner cannot easily be identified
10. Contact for “Complaints”
Please contact the relevant branch or contact person of the business division or relevant registration desk or the following address for complaints regarding personal information. Randstad KK Personal Information Contact Email account: firstname.lastname@example.org
11. Cancellation of registration (applicable only to applicants/registrants of Randstad’s services)
Randstad may cancel registration status of any registrant falling under any of the following cases.
- The registrant requests cancellation of registration.
- The “registration period” set by Randstad has expired.
* The registration period expires after 5 years from the date of registration. If there is a record of employment, then the registration period expires after 8 years in the month of June. It cases where the registration information has been updated due to job application or request to change registered information within one year of expiration, cancellation takes place a year later in June.
- In the event that the employment contract is terminated due to the cause attributable to the registrant and Randstad determined that it is necessary.
- Randstad has determined that provision of temporary staffing, placement and support services is difficult or not appropriate for the candidate.
- The registrant caused damages to Randstad, its client, concerned party at the client or third party through willful intention or negligence.
- In the event that the registrant is involved in anti-social forces (such as organized crime groups and their related organizations) or is subject to economic sanctions.
- Randstad is unable to make direct contact with the registrant.
- In the event that the registrant falls under any of the circumstances set forth in section 12 below
- The registrant violated the employee obligations stipulated in the employment rules.
12. Claim for damages
Randstad may claim compensation for damages suffered Randstad or a third party as a consequence of the act of any registrant.
1 The registrant falsified his/her career, professional skills or qualification, or reported false information regarding other items at the time of registration or hiring.
2 The registrant engaged in behavior that would cause disadvantage or loss of honor or credibility of Randstad, its client or concerned party at the client.
3 The registrant committed an act to hinder the operation of Randstad.
4 The registrant committed an act deemed to be inappropriate by Randstad.
13. Personal information protection management officer
Head of Business Legal Dept., Legal and Compliance Division, Randstad K.K.
To Randstad K.K.
I hereby give my consent to Randstad to handle my personal information in accordance with the terms
described above. I pledge that the personal information I submit and provide to Randstad is true and correct.
I will submit or provide certificates and other necessary documents upon request for Randstad to verify the facts.